I have made this Banana Bread a few times now and it is so yummy! This banana bread can be eaten as a snack or an easy breakfast.
The original recipe can be found here! on Ambitious Kitchen. Or follow the instructions listed below.
- Cooking spray
- 1 heaping cup mashed banana
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or skim, coconut, etc.)
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl combine mashed banana, applesauce, honey, egg, milk and vanilla until well combined and creamy. In separate medium bowl whisk together whole wheat flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined (don’t overmix!).
- Pour into prepared loaf pan, sprinkle oats over top (if desired), and bake for 60-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean with a few crumbs attached.
- Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool completely. Cut into 12 slices and enjoy! Keep bread tightly wrapped to maintain moisture.