This recipe is fantastic because it can be varied so much. I stuffed the zucchini with ground turkey, quinoa, bulgar and tomatoes. Here’s the way I made this tasty dish! The original recipe I based this off of can be found here. Here’s what you need:
- One box PC Blue Menu Bulgar and Quinoa blend
- 0.5kg of ground turkey (usually one package)
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 1 package feta cheese
- you can add any sauce you would like to flavour the ground turkey
- 4 medium sized zucchinis
How to prepare:
- Cook quinoa/bulgar blend as directed on the box by boiling in water until soft, and then allowing to cool for about 5 minutes
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey and cook until brown. Add sauce to flavour if desired. Cook time is usually between 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut zucchini in half lengthwise. Cut a thin slice off the bottoms so each half sits flat. Scoop out the pulp, leaving a 1/4-inch shell. (Discard the pulp.) Place the zucchini in a microwave-safe dish and sprinkle with pepper and salt. Cover and microwave on High until tender-crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Uncover.
- Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler to high.
- Mix the quinoa, meat and whatever vegetables (I used cherry tomatoes) in a large bowl to create mixture to fill zucchini
- Transfer zucchini to a broiler-safe pan (or pans). Fill with the quinoa mixture and sprinkle with cheese. Broil on the upper rack until the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.
- serve once cooked along with anything you’d like or on its own as a full meal! This dish will make 8 boats!
Hope you enjoy!