Today is the conclusion of my two week intro at the yoga studio in town. It was an unlimited pass which I could use to try any or all of the classes they offer. I brought my sister along today for my last class!
I signed up for this because there were a few different classes I wanted to try including surfset; a high intensity workout on a mock surfboard that is awesome! It was a great way to find out what classes I liked and now I can sign up for those ones only! Here are five ways to make sure you get the most out of any trial, whether it be at a gym, fitness class or yoga studio!
1. Plan it out! The best way to get the most out of your trial is to make sure you can use it! If you plan out when you will be able to use the trial you can attend all of the classes you want to try. If you start a week trial, but are then out of town for half of it, it doesn’t work to your benefit! Plan out the days to make sure you have the opportunity to try all of the classes and facilities you want to try!
2. Know what you’re getting into. Make sure you know what kind of classes you are trying out! Don’t sign up for a cross-fit trial if you are looking for meditation classes. Similarly, if you want an up-beat workout make sure you avoid classes with “gentle” in the title. These typically indicate slower paced classes. Read about the class you sign up for to know what you’re getting into!
3. Research the facility. Look into the facility you are trying out and see if its a good fit for you! Understand their policies and procedures before showing up for your first class! This will make things go a lot smoother and make your time there much more enjoyable.
4. Try everything. You only have so much time so make the most of it! If you try something and don’t like it, you’re not obligated to ever do it again. But if you find something you love, you’ll never regret it!
5. Listen to your body! You want to make the most of your time by attending as many classes as possible. But if your body is telling you it needs a break, give it one! My suggestion is to ease into the trial. Start with an easy amount of exercise to get your body used to it and then give it your all at the end! After the trial ends you can give yourself some extra rest to make sure you stay healthy!
Have any of you had any experiences with trial passes? What did you think? Did you sign up for more after?