I found this awesome recipe for Lentil Salad that my boyfriend and I decided we needed to try! This recipe is vegan and contains lots of protein to keep you full for a long time. It is best if you make it ahead and let it sit for a bit to soak up all of the flavours. The original recipe can be found on PopSugar.
1 cup French lentils
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon coarse seeded mustard
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Coarse sea salt
1 small red onion, finely diced
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup roughly chopped Italian parsley
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil, add the lentils, turn the heat to medium, and cook just until the lentils are cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Drain the lentils, place them in a large mixing bowl, and set them aside.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the mustards, lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, and a large pinch of salt.
- Add the vinaigrette to the lentils along with the onion, tomatoes, and parsley.
- Season the salad to taste with salt and more lemon or olive oil if you like.