This Friday I decided to join Courtney, Cynthia and Mar for my first Friday Five Linkup. The theme of this post is spring and I am so excited that spring has finally arrived! Here are some of the things I am loving right now:
- Running in the daylight. I love that when I get up to do an early run, it is not super dark anymore. The sun begins to rise as we run and I love it. Also, I have more time at the end of the day to fit a run in because the sun is staying up so long!
- Warmer temperatures. I love that I don’t need a coat, boots, hat and mitts every time I leave the house now! I know that the temperatures are still around freezing but it is so nice to be out of the deep freeze and to have the snow melting finally.
- Being active outdoors again. I have loved running throughout the winter. But once I got back from a run, I didn’t want to do much else but warm up and snuggle in. Now that the weather is warmer and the days are longer, I love being able to take the dog for a walk or wanting to go geocaching during the days when its bright and sunny out. Hurray for warmer weather!
So the last two don’t really match the theme but I currently love them and it is spring, so that counts right?! 😉
- Oatmeal. Ever since I posted about my Oatmeal Berry Bowls I have been obsessed with oatmeal. I have been having it every couple of mornings for breakfast, and have been trying out different flavours and spices on it to change it up!
- Surfset fitness. As part of my two week pass that I tried out at the local yoga studio, I had unlimited access to all of their classes. This meant that I was able to try their surfiest classes. These classes are super fun and a really great workout. Its a high intensity workout on a fake surf board. I think I am going to have to sign up for more of these classes!
I love that spring is arriving, and summer is just around the corner! Time to shape up for the peak of race season! What are you loving this Friday?