So I’m kind of obsessed with smoothies! I was surfing the internet looking for a new recipe and found this awesome one on Edible Perspective! The original recipe can be found here. It tastes just like a chocolate chip cookie and is really filling to keep you satisfied until lunch! You can drink it all in one sitting, or split it up for a snack throughout the day.
But in case you are too lazy here’s what I used in mine:
- 1 1/4 – 1 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk, divided
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds, flax seed and hemp hearts
- 1 small frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract (a small drop)
- handful of ice
In a small bowl stir together 3/4 cup milk, the oats, and seed mixture. Set in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight [do not skip]. This thickens the mixture to make the smoothie creamier!
Place thickened oat mixture into your blender along with all other ingredients, starting with 1/2 cup more of the milk. Blend on high until smooth [there will be a bit of texture from the chocolate chips]. Add more milk to reach desired consistency.
Have you found any good smoothie recipes lately?!