This delicious and healthy recipe is so simple and quick! It’s fast and easy to make. This recipe includes fresh ingredients that will feel like spring!
- 1/2 cup bulgur
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 6 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 2 bunches fresh parsley, minced, stems discarded
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, minced
- 6 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- salt, to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Prepare bulgur in advance as per package directions. Allow to cool
- Add the cooled bulgur, onion, tomatoes, cucumber, parsley and mint to a large bowl; mix well
- In a smaller bowl, combine the lemon juice and olive oil; whisk until emulsified (well blended). Pour over top of salad ingredients and mix to combine
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate – the flavour will improve if the tabbouleh sits for a few hours
*Some extra tips*
- Add in chickpeas for protein!
- Add more of your favourite vegetables (sweet peppers, sliced radishes, avacado, celery)
- Bring to work for a satisfying and healthy lunch!
Nutritional Information (1 serving = 1/2 cup) 200 kcal, 18g carbohydrates, 4.5g fibre, 3.3g protein, 390mg sodium
Recipe courtesy of Couchiching Family Health Team Dietitians!