I found this wonderful recipe on the Pass the Fresh website! This recipe is an easy way to create a healthier bbq favourite. This twist on a regular burger can be made quickly and is delicious!
- 1/4 large red onion (or 1/2 of a medium one)
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- juice from 1 lime
- cheese (optional)
- In a food processor, pulse the red onion and cilantro until it’s just past diced. (You could dice them by hand as well, I just don’t like big bits of onion in my burger. I like the taste to be more subtle).
- In a medium bowl, mix together the red onion, cilantro and turkey.
- Add in the garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and lime juice. Mix together until blended.
- Divide into 4 equal patties and throw on the grill. Grill for 7-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
*Some extra tips*
- You can substitute ground chicken or lean ground beef if necessary
- Try a lettuce bun instead of a grain bun to change it up
Nutritional Information *These nutritional facts are for the turkey patty only. They do not include toppings or bun.
1 turkey patty 197 calories 10g fat 2.3g carbs 21.6g protein .7g sugar