This recipe comes from Foodland Ontario and looks like a delicious variation on a lunch time classic!
- 4 slices multi-grain bread
- 1-1/2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- 1 cup thickly sliced strawberries
- 1 tbsp balsamic glaze
- freshly ground pepper
- Brush one side of each slice of bread with oil; place oiled side down on work surface.
- Sprinkle 2 of the bread slices with 1/4 cup of the cheese; top with bacon, strawberries, balsamic glaze, pepper to taste and the remaining cheese
- Top with remaining slices of bread, oiled side up
- Place on grill over medium heat; close lid and grill for 3 minutes per side
*Some extra tips*
- You can try this recipe with brie as well
- Substitute different combinations of fruit to mix it up
1serving = half sandwich 305 calories 16g fat 25g carbs 13g protein 3g fibre 430mg sodium