This awesome recipe comes from the Eat Clean blog. This is a healthy substitute for potato or fried side dishes! Try these along your favourite summertime burger, instead of fries!
- 1 c pine nuts
- 2 tsp coconut oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- ½ lb white or green string beans
- ½ c fresh sage leaves
- 4 slices prosciutto
- ½ Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ Tbsp maple syrup
- ½ c raisins
- 1 small red chile, finely chopped
1. Heat grill.
2. Lightly toast the pine nuts in a frying pan until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Set the pine nuts aside and return pan to heat. Add 1 teaspoon coconut oil and sliced garlic to the pan. Add beans and season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low and sauté until the beans are tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a serving dish, scraping out any browned bits of garlic.
3. Return pan to heat. Add remaining coconut oil and sage leaves and cook until crispy, about 1 minute.
4. Place the prosciutto on grill and cook until crispy, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from heat and let cool.
5. Whisk together apple cider vinegar and maple syrup and pour it over the beans. Crumble prosciutto and add to dish along with pine nuts, raisins, and chile. Top with the sage leaves and serve.
- Use green beans instead if needed!
- Any type of oil will do
NUTRITION (per serving) 520 cal, 20 g pro, 43 g carb, 8 g fiber, 24 g sugars, 33 g fat, 7 g sat fat, 740 mg sodium