This race was a long story! I got talked into signing up for my second marathon by a friend and was planning on doing it at the Mississauga race. Come February, I was really busy at school, getting back into figure skating and knew that I wouldn’t be in marathon shape. So I switched down … Continue reading Race Recap: Mississauga Half Marathon
Happy Monday! Today I am linking up with Fitness Cheerleader and Running Rachel for #MotivateMe Monday to share a little Monday Love! First thing's first, here's my awesome mad lib to celebrate #1millionminutes. We are seriously getting up there with minutes now and it is super fun to see how many different ways I can be active! I’m so excited … Continue reading #SweatPink Mad lib & #MotivateMe Monday
Fantastic and easy recipe!
[h2s_pinit src=”http://h2savecom.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/slow-cooker-veggie-lasagna-hip2save.jpg” align=”http://center” /]
Did you know you can make lasagna in your slow cooker and it comes out fabulous!? And, I promise you won’t even miss the meat in this yummy vegetable lasagna. This dish has tons of flavor, simple ingredients, and it’s packed with fresh hearty veggies. This is a perfect meal for the summer if you want to avoid heating up your kitchen with the oven.
Slow Cooker Veggie Lasagna
(Adapted via Kraftrecipes.com)
* 24 oz. jar plus one cup tomato pasta sauce
* 9 long lasagna noodles, uncooked
* 2 1/2 cups chopped veggies (I used mushrooms, onion, bell pepper, and spinach)
* 1 teaspoon minced garlic
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 15 oz. container Ricotta cheese
* 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese – reserve 1/4 cup for very top (I used a mozzarella and parmesan mix)
* 1 egg
In a medium bowl, mix 1 and 1/4 cup shredded…
View original post 322 more words
Still trying to use all of the baking ingredients I have in the apartment, also… just wanted comfort food during exams! Yields ~14 small cookies, depending on how big you make them!
– 4 tablespoons brown sugar, lightly packed
– 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons oil (extra virgin olive oil, melted coconut oil, canola oil, etc.)
– 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
– 1 egg
– 1 3/4 cup oats (quick oats, blended into flour)
– 1/4 teaspoon baking soda (or omit)
– 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1/4 – 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (or more!)
– With an electric hand blender, blend your oil, brown sugar, vanilla, and egg.
– Blend oats in a Magic Bullet or food processor until they are a fine flour. You may have to stop and mix them around a couple times. Add in the baking soda and cinnamon and stir/shake/whatever –…
View original post 133 more words
Good news: it’s finally WARM in OTTAWA. After a sunny weekend, here’s something to make your Monday even sweeter! Eat these outside if you can, enjoy the sunshine. (If it’s rainy where you are … that sucks, sorry!)
– 1/3 cup whole wheat flour (or other)
– 1/4 cup vanilla whey protein powder
– 3 tablespoons oats (I used quick oats)
– 1 teaspoon Truvia
– 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/3 cup + 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or other)
– 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
– 1/2 cup diced strawberries (or MORE)
*Note: You can swap some of the almond milk out for egg whites – more protein. Or not! Whatever.
Optional: add in come cinnamon, extra Truvia if you have a sweet tooth.
– Preheat a skillet or pan on low and add some coconut oil to the surface.
– Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl…
View original post 96 more words
I can’t help sharing all of Meg’s recipes! They’re just so tasty!
CHOCOLATE. BREAKFAST. GUYS.
Basically an adult (and healthy!) version of Cocoa Puff cereal (for me, anyways).
– 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
– 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder (or chocolate, if you have it)
– 1 heaping tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
– 1-3 teaspoons Truvia (or other sweetener *add more or less according to your sweetness preference*)
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
– 1-2 tablespoons egg whites (*can sub out for more milk – vegan without egg whites)
– Optional: frozen or fresh fruit and icing sugar to top!
*Not my typical blender-pancake-recipe, but still suuuuuuuuper easy to make!*
– Preheat cooking surface (griddle, pan, whatever) on low heat.
– Mix all dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl (flour, protein powder, cocoa powder, baking powder, Truvia)
– Add wet ingredients and stir well.
– Turn your cooking surface up to medium-high heat and…
View original post 69 more words
Today is Bell Let's Talk Day! I love this day and the cause that it represents. I have had many family and friend experiences with mental health and enjoy that Bell is trying to end the stigma and make it easier for people to talk about how they feel. Talk, text and tweet to raise … Continue reading Bell Let’s Talk Day